V1P Lanarkshire was established in April 2016. It provides a veteran peer support and wellbeing service for veterans living in the Lanarkshire area.
V1P Lanarkshire's administrative base is the Houldsworth Centre, Kenilworth Avenue, Wishaw, ML2 7LP
Our team consists of Veteran Peer Support Workers, Psychologists and a Project Administrator.
Who we help:
Our service is available to all veterans living in Lanarkshire. A veteran is anyone who has served more than one day in the Royal Navy, Army, or Royal Air Force (regular or reserve) or the Merchant Navy in support of combat operations. We help with difficulties that are related to military service or to other times and areas of your life
- Listening – understanding the challenges veterans face
- Information and signposting – to resources and supports that can help
- Practical and emotional support – to help with making the transition from the military and living as a civilian
- Social networking opportunities – to enable veterans to connect with other veterans
- Psychological interventions - to support psychological wellbeing and recovery
What you can expect:·
- A confidential wellbeing service - designed by and delivered by veterans and Psychologists who understand veterans
- Peer Support – delivered by V1P Lanarkshire veteran peer support workers - in person or by telephone or video-call. We aim to offer you a registration appointment within 2-3 weeks
- Psychological therapy - delivered by V1P Lanarkshire Psychologists - in person or by telephone or video-call. We aim to offer you an initial screening appointment within 4-5 weeks and access to therapy, if indicated, within 18 weeks
How the service works:
V1P Access Points: If you are registered with V1P Lanarkshire and would benefit from some camaraderie from fellow veterans or advice then you can attend one of our Access Points at Centre Point (full address below)
Self referral: You don’t need a doctor’s referral to access V1P Lanarkshire – simply telephone, email or complete the enquiry form on the website and a member of the V1P Lanarkshire team will be in touch shortly.
Registration: When we meet you for the first time we will complete an initial referral form and arrange a registration appointment – once registered you can access support if and when you need it.
Peer Support and Therapy: Support and therapy is being provided in person and remotely via telephone or video conferencing depending on need at this time. Please discuss the best way to access support with your worker.
- To register with the service or speak to a member of the V1P Team please call 0300 303 3051 (Monday-Friday 9 - 5pm) or email LanarkshireV1P@lanarkshire.scot.nhs.uk
Access Point will be closed for the festive period from Thursday 22nd December and will re-open on Thursday 12th January 2023
Veterans Access Point Details:
70 Smith Avenue
Thursdays 2pm - 4:30pm
Please note, anything you send or say to us is held in strictest confidence. We never disclose or hand out any information to any third parties.