V1P Fife was established in January 2016. It provides a veteran peer support and wellbeing service for veterans living in the Kingdom of Fife.
V1P Fife is now based in the new Rosewell Centre in Lochore, 2 Ballingry Road, Lochore, KY5 8ET.
The Rosewell Centre is a dedicated Centre where veterans can receive practical and emotional support to help with the transition from the military and with life as a civilian afterwards.
Our team consists of veteran peer support workers, therapists and an administration team.
Who we help:
Our service is available to all veterans: anyone who has served more than one day in the Royal Navy, Army, or Royal Air Force (regular or reserve) or the Merchant Navy in support of combat operations.
- Listening – understanding the challenges veterans face
- Information and signposting – to resources and supports that can help
- Practical and emotional support – to help with making the transition from the military and living as a civilian
- Social networking opportunities – to enable veterans to connect with other veterans
- Wellbeing workshops - to improve mental health and well-being
- Psychological interventions - to support psychological wellbeing and recovery
- We help with difficulties that are related to military service or to other times and areas of your life
What you can expect:·
- A confidential wellbeing service - designed by and delivered by veterans and therapists who understand veterans
- Peer Support – delivered by V1P Fife veteran peer support workers - in person or by telephone or video-call
- Structured Wellbeing Programme – wellbeing information, activities, and peer support sessions
- Psychological therapy - delivered by V1P Fife psychologists - in person or by telephone or video-call
How the service works:
V1P Access Points: If you are new to V1P Fife - from Monday 18.10.21 (excepting public holidays) you can call at the centre in person on Monday and Wednesday afternoons 1.30 - 4.00pm. Veteran peer support workers will be on hand to see how they can support you with any issues causing concern.
Self referral: You don’t need a doctor’s referral to access V1P Fife – simply telephone, email or complete the enquiry form on the website and a member of the V1P Fife team will be in touch shortly.
Registration: When we meet you for the first time we will register you with our service – you can then access support if and when you need it.
Appointments: At present, as COVID arrangements remain in place in health care services, we would ask that you only attend the Roswell Centre in person if you have an appointment or are attending an Access Point.
Peer Support and Therapy: Support and therapy is being provided in person and remotely depending on need at this time. Please discuss the best way to access support with your worker.
- To register with the service or speak to a member of the V1P Team please call 01383 565 128 (Monday-Friday 9 - 5pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Rosewell Centre
2 Ballingry Road
A Service provided by
Department of Psychology
Make an enquiry
Please note, anything you send or say to us is held in strictest confidence. We never disclose or hand out any information to any third parties.
Support we offer
Our office hours are Monday to Friday 9-5pm.
Please contact us if you would like to arrange an appointment with a Peer Support Worker or to discuss accessing psychological therapy.
Meet the team
Our team consists of veterans peer support workers, clinicians, therapists and administration team.